|Job Location:||Johnson City, TN|
Position Open: August 27, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at www.clarknexsen.com.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We offer generous compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, paid time off, Aflac, flexible benefits, and legal resources. To learn more about our culture and expertise, please visit www.clarknexsen.com.
We seek to hire a Designer in our Johnson City, TN office who will perform architectural design and documentation services on multi-discipline building design projects of moderate to large scope. The ideal candidate will have 3-8 years of experience.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Performing various aspects of architectural design as directed by a Senior Architect, Architect or Design Manager including conceptual studies, program requirements, design analyses, calculations, systems selection and layout for building design
- Preparation of programming documents, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Coordination and communication with design team members to ensure the architectural design details integrate properly with the work of all other project disciplines
- Preparation of marketing and presentation materials as directed
- Performing various services associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments and opening and tabulating bids as directed
- Performing various services associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Develop analysis and design skills
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from Project Managers, Design Managers, Senior Architects, Architects, Managing Principals and senior management
- Working with a team of architects, engineers, interior designers and landscape architects
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Architect or Senior Architect tasks as directed
- Responsible for document organization and clarity
- Responsible for discipline drawing coordination
- Drafting of marked-up plans, partial plans, sections, details
- Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Architect
- Developing an accurate, three-dimensional model of the structure with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
- Create schematic-level plans and details for approval by the Senior Architect
- Developing design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Assisting with building systems calculations and LEED templates
- Participate in building system selections
- Participate in building code analysis process
- Participate in development of discipline specifications
- Coordinating work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- May require domestic and foreign travel
- Bachelor of Architecture from an NAAB-accredited program -or-
- Masters of Architecture (MA must be from an NAAB-accredited program)
Licenses, Certifications and Accreditations
- Eligible for and actively pursuing registration as a licensed Architect
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices and pursuing LEED AP accreditation is desirable
- Additional certifications such as CDT, CCS, or CCCA are encouraged to reflect personal growth in the profession and an ever increasing knowledge base to enhance the design and documentation process
A Designer should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to utilize the software in the development of project documents and interact with other project team members in their use of the software is highly desirable.
One previous architectural internship or relevant design experience is preferred
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Display abilities to work well with others in a team environment
Selection will be based on your application, resume, and portfolio. In order to be considered, you will need to submit a portfolio with your application according to the following parameters:
- Single file in PDF format
- Maximum File Size:10 MB
- No page limits, provided that the file size restrictions are met
- Portfolios must be submitted electronically. We will NOT accept or consider hard copy portfolios.