|Title:||IT Support Specialist|
|Job Location:||Raleigh, NC|
Position Open: February 6, 2020
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an IT Support Specialist in our Raleigh, NC office will be responsible for installing, modifying, and repairing personal computer hardware and software systems, as well as providing telecommunications, and network support, training and troubleshooting in a mid-sized networked environment for an Architectural & Engineering firm with multiple branch offices.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answering, evaluating, troubleshooting, and prioritizing incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Troubleshooting, identifying problems, researching, isolating, resolving and following up routine user problems, referring more complex problems to a supervisor or the appropriate technical staff.
- Logging and tracking calls in the IT Help Desk system and updating knowledge base with related problem documentation in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting a wide range of software used throughout the company, including but not limited to Microsoft desktop operating systems and applications.
- Installing, supporting, and upgrading hardware and software.
- Supporting and maintaining various telecommunications, audiovisual, and computer related equipment.
- Maintaining computer equipment inventory in the IT asset management database.
- Contacting vendors and utilizing on-line technical support to resolve issues or obtain software updates.
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from supervisors, department directors, branch personnel, and other members of the management team
- Working independently with limited direction and supervision.
- Traveling between branch offices will be required
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a computer technology related degree or technical diploma.
Additional consideration may be given to candidates with a relevant bachelor’s degree or higher
Licensure and Certifications
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
Additional consideration will be given for:
- Other CompTIA certifications
- Other Microsoft certifications
- VMWare Certifications
The ideal candidate will be able to troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems and applications.
Additional consideration will be given for experience working with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (also known as SCCM or Configman).
The ideal candidate will have some relevant Help Desk Operations and hardware/software support experience in an Information Technology setting with specific experience working with the following:
- Application and operating system deployment
- Asset management and inventory
- Endpoint protection
- Office 365
- Client health and monitoring
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with previous Help Desk Operations experience working for an Architectural or Engineering firm.
- Operation of general office equipment including but not limited to computers, phones and related media and information devices
- Ability to communicate verbally and electronically
- Ability to lift, lower, carry, or slide computer equipment and incoming packages containing computer equipment up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Operate PC repair tools
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents and correspondence
- Ability to present presentations to a variety of groups
- Have client-oriented attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole