|Title:||Industrial Mechanical Engineer|
|Job Location:||Macon, GA|
Position Open: February 20, 2020
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Industrial Mechanical Engineer in our Macon, GA office who will perform Mechanical and Industrial engineering services on multi-discipline industrial design projects. The ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparation of design basis, schematic documents, design development documents, and construction documents as directed
- Performing various aspects of mechanical engineering on projects, or portions of projects, as directed by Senior Engineer and in conformance with the applicable codes, standards and specifications.
- Providing oversight and coordination of projects, and working with assigned design managers and project managers, to meet client’s budget, contract fees, goals, objectives, and deadlines
- Coordinating and communicating all aspects of industrial and mechanical design within multi-disciplinary teams as requested by the Design Manager or Project Engineer.
- Developing project schematic designs, design development designs, and construction documents
- Performing various duties associated with the bidding process, including preparing addenda and amendments, technical bid analysis, engineering packages, open and tabulate bids as directed
- Performing various duties associated with the construction phase, including field visits, answering RFIs, reviewing shop drawings, and preparing record drawings as directed
- Complying with quality control policies and procedures
- Learn and implement department and company standards
- Participating in team meetings and coordinating efforts with other team members
- Actively participate in mentoring and continuing education programs
- Working with, responding to, and taking direction from design managers and project managers
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff in the Industrial Engineering Department
- Performing various design services as an engineer, including Conceptual Studies, Process flow diagrams, P&IDs, mass balance, calculations, equipment selection, instrument selection and general arrangements for bulk material handling, process piping, conveyance equipment detail shop drawings, dust collection, chute fabrication drawings, tank/bin design, and equipment platforms/catwalks with direction from supervising staff.
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Completing sections and details produced to a schematic-level of completion by the Mechanical Engineer
- Develop project reports, basis of design (BoD) and project execution plans (PEP)
- Assisting in the development of or developing an accurate, three-dimensional model of the structure with the necessary level of detail using the required Building Information Modeling (BIM) software package, when BIM is a project requirement
- Develop design options for resolution of system conflicts
- Assist with or perform process and systems calculations
- Participate in process system selections
- Assist with discipline drawing coordination
- Coordinate work product with other disciplines
- Adhere to project budget and schedule
- Travel up to 30%
Must have graduated from an ABET-accredited 4-, 5-, or 6-year engineering program, ideally in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Process Engineering
Licenses, Certifications, and Accreditations
- Completed or be in a position to complete the Fundamentals of Engineering Exam and all other state requirements for certification as an EIT is preferred.
- Completed or be in a position to complete requirements for PE licensure within 60 months after being hired is preferred
- Understanding of sustainable design principles and design practices with LEED AP accreditation preferred
- Applicable Autodesk certifications is desirable
- Certificate of Management for Building Information Modeling (CM-BIM) is desirable
- 24 hour MSHA miner safety training is desirable
- Active participation in NSPE, ASHRAE or other related professional organizations is desirable
An Industrial Mechanical Engineer should be able to effectively utilize current company software programs for word processing, e-mail, and information management.
Working familiarity with design and production software to a point of being able to understand the capabilities and limitations of the programs and interact with the support staff in their use of the software is highly desirable.
- 3D modeling software
- A minimum of 4 years of experience with one or more of the following areas: bulk material handling, process piping, conveyance equipment detail shop drawings, dust collection, chute fabrication drawings, tank/bin design, equipment platforms/catwalks, MSHA/OSHA standards and other related industrial process design parameters is highly desired.
- Construction experience in mechanical or industrial engineering with hands on in the field background is preferred
- Prior experience in an Engineering or multi-discipline Architectural & Engineering firm is desirable.
- Familiarity with applicable building codes and standards is desirable.
- Design or construction experience in Design/Build and EPC project delivery methods is desirable.
- On-site experience with Industrial safety programs and compliance with site specific safety programs in an Industrial plant environment is desirable.
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Possess technical precision and creative design skills
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Have a client-oriented attitude with a desire to provide outstanding professional services
- Be dedicated to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole