|Title:||Engineering Document Control Coordinator|
|Job Location:||Macon, GA|
Position Open: January 28, 2020
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through corporate website at www.clarknexsen.com.
Clark Nexsen is a national architecture and engineering firm focused on creating innovative design solutions for U.S. and global clients. We are passionate about our work and are prominently ranked on numerous industry lists. Building Design + Construction ranks Clark Nexsen as a Top 20 architecture and engineering firm and we have been named to the Architect 50 list of top U.S. firms for the past four years. Our culture supports the pursuit of excellence to engage and inspire the best professionals.
Our firm is headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, with 450 employees in office locations in Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas. We offer outstanding compensation, benefits, and growth opportunities in a positive work environment. We believe we can create a better world through our work. Giving back is also a guiding philosophy. As a company and as individuals, we proudly volunteer and give back to the surrounding communities where we live and work.
Generous benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, Short and Long term Disability, Paid Time Off, Aflac, Flexible benefits, and Legal Resources benefits are available.
We seek to hire an Engineering Document Control Coordinator in our Macon, Ga office who will ensure standards and procedures are followed for releasing, approving, and revising engineering drawings, documents, and manufacturing routings. Maintain engineering schedule under the direction of the Engineering Manager. Support Manufacturing and Assembly with the necessary documents.This position will be assigned to work at our client site, a manufacturing company in Macon, GA.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage document processes and systems to ensure custody control and availability of documentation to site personnel, regional and corporate resources.
- Generate, maintain and track deviation requests, engineering change requests, engineering change notices and other documentation.
- Administer the document life cycle (author, approve, publish, revise, retire, archive) for engineering and operational documents, including drawings, procedures, and forms.
- Prepare records for storage according to the Records Retention Schedules and work with Records Management on archival protocols.
- Provide direct contribution to the daily management of document control.
- Maintain engineering schedule/task list with current status of open items. Run associated reports and communicate to the engineering department and process partners.
- Scan documents, update procedures, and create documents as required, creating and using electronic document templates. Assist with the development of document flow procedures.
Project responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify Program requirements, establish standard process/policy locally, and perform quality reviews of overall communication and documentation processes on systems platform.
- Manage documentation during design, construction, commissioning and closeout phases of projects.
- Assist in the development/review and upkeep of project work plans.
- Review new and revised documentation and records for completion and conformance to standards, including record retention and complete documentation
- Perform and/or support regular audits of document control processes and procedures.
- Process and distribute communications and information flow such as submittals, requests for information (RFIs), clarifications, pay requests, change orders, etc.
- Have earned a high school diploma, or equivalent
- Experience in developing, implementing and managing Document Management solutions using Procore, Aconex, SharePoint and ProjectWise or similar systems is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and other related processing programs
- Experience in management of planning, process and systems
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with project/program document management solutions.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to prepare effective and concise documents
- Ability to make presentations to a variety of groups
- Ability to provide outstanding professional services
- Dedication to his or her professional development as well as the success of colleagues and the firm as a whole
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment