|Title:||Director of Human Resources|
|Job Location:||Virginia Beach, VA|
Position Open: July 19, 2021
Position Close: Until filled
Clark Nexsen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. AAP. Drug-free workplace. E-verify. Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Clark Nexsen Inc. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H-1B or any other work visa petitions.
Must apply online through website at www.clarknexsen.com.
When you come to work for Clark Nexsen, you’ll experience a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where imaginative thinking is encouraged and supported. We are a national, transdisciplinary architecture, engineering, and consulting firm, but we believe that our role in making the world better is not limited to design. Our vision and values drive our culture, our work, and our commitment to giving back to our communities through volunteerism and charitable giving.
With 11 offices spanning Virginia, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, and Texas, our people shape the future by discovering opportunities to transform the way we live in and experience our world. We believe the best ideas come from collaboration, working across disciplines to inspire innovation and deliver high-performing projects for U.S. and global clients.
We offer generous compensation and benefits, including health, dental, vision, 401k, short and long term disability, paid time off, Aflac, flexible benefits, and legal resources. To learn more about our culture and expertise, please visit www.clarknexsen.com.
We seek to hire a Director of Human Resources in our Virginia Beach, VA office who will lead the company’s corporate human resources strategy and function and will be the senior human resources advisor to executive leadership. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Human Resources will drive HR processes and other human resources initiatives that support business goals and objectives. Strong dedication to continuously strengthen workplace culture, and a highly collaborative style with the ability to work with all levels of management will be needed for success.
General responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law (to include federal contracting) and works with senior leadership to apply this knowledge across the firm.
- Works with senior leadership to plan business objectives and develop organizational policies.
- Develops and supports the strategic direction of HR to align with business goals and objectives.
- Interprets and provides guidance to managers and employees in support of following company policies and procedures.
- Directs and oversees the confidential management and maintenance of employee records.
- Provides guidance and recommendations to senior leadership based on data-driven HR business insights.
- Develops and maintains partnerships across the firm to deliver value added service to employees and management that align with business goals.
- Oversees and maintains applicant tracking system (ATS), recruitment process, self-reporting, outreach and Affirmative Action Plan, while ensuring compliance with federal contractor requirements.
- Coaches and partners with managers encouraging frequent collaboration with staff to foster a positive work environment. Audit employee reviews and provide guidance as needed.
- Provides guidance and consultation on the implications that proposed policy, program changes, and decisions will have on staff.
- Empowers and supports the HR team to maximize full potential.
- Researches, determines root cause, develops corrective measures, and implements key HR initiatives to address organizational issues.
- Leverages resources and obtains leadership buy-in to meet organizational requirements that also drive positive business results.
- Classifies jobs and maintains job structure, ensuring compliance with FLSA, DOL, EEO, OFCCP and other applicable laws around exempt/non-exempt, feeder groups/promotions, equal opportunity, etc.
- Partners with and provides support to Senior HR leaders who focus on HR training/development and compensation/benefits (total rewards).
- Reviews and updates employee handbook annually or as business needs and policies change. Ensure acknowledgments are tracked.
- Supports equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
- Serves as Administrator for HRIS system (UltiPro/UKG) – insuring employee information is complete, secure and all privacy measures are adhered to.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Psychology or related field is required. A Master’s Degree may be given additional consideration.
- 10+ years of experience in human resources, and at least 4 of those years working at the management level (managing/leading staff in a human resources department) required.
- 5+ years of experience working for a federal contractor is required.
Other Qualifications and Certifications
- Human Resources Professional Certification required (such as PHR or SHRM-CP).
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP desirable.
- Experience with HRIS administration (UltiPro/UKG preferred).
- Previous experience working in a professional services environment is preferred.
- Oral communications: Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written communications: Clear and informative writing skills, free from spelling and grammar errors. Adapts writing style to meet different situations.
- Active listener who asks questions when clarification is needed.
- Mergers and Acquisitions experience is desirable.
- Proven ability as a leader and trusted partner.
- Occasional travel required.